Saturday, February 8, 2014

A Better Way

I have been crocheting since 
I was about 10 or 11
and throughout my life 
I have gone thru phases
where I don't crochet at all
and times like now
where all I seem to do
in my spare time is crochet

I love how Pinterest
(a current addiction)
has allowed me to find
new ways to do old things
Whenever I think "there has to be
 a better way to do this"
I start searching thru my pins on 
Pinterest and explore my options

Since I have been making 
a lot of granny squares lately
I find standing double crochets
look a lot better than 
a chain 3 for starting a round
They look just like a regular
double crochet

Here is a great tutorial on
how to start a new row with a
standing double crochet


Using this method leaves both ends
of your yarn at the top of the stitch
I just tie them together and
weave in the ends across the
top of my stitches
That way I can just crochet
over them in the next round

I LOVE not having all the ends
to weave in when Im done!!

Another great find is this
"Magic Knot"
to join my yarn


Its truly is magic!!!

I also like to use this
 standing double crochet
to start my rows


  Being the perfectionist that I am
(yes I will admit this)
I think these truly are better ways
to make my crocheting look better

I hope you will too!!

Robin

3 comments:

  1. I so agree with you, Pinterest is a wealth of information and I can get pretty obsessed looking at things. Yesterday I was researching the linen stitch for a kint scarf, so many great options to look at.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had come across the Standing Double Crochet years ago, it is the only way for me. And the Magic Ring is ... well .... magical!
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haloo pak^^

    Kami dari SENTANAPOKER ingin menawarkan pak^^

    Untuk saat ini kami menerima Deposit Melalui Pulsa ya pak.

    *untuk minimal deposit 10ribu
    *untuk minimal Withdraw 25ribu

    *untuk deposit pulsa kami menerima provider
    -XL
    -Telkomsel


    untuk bonus yang kami miliki kami memiliki
    *bonus cashback 0,5%
    *bunus refferal 20%
    *bonus gebiar bulanan (N-max,samsung Note 10+,Iphone xr 64G,camera go pro 7hero,Apple airpods 2 ,dan freechips)

    Daftar Langsung Di:

    SENTANAPOKER

    Kontak Kami;

    WA : +855 9647 76509
    Line : SentanaPoker
    Wechat : SentanaPokerLivechat Sentanapoker

    Proses deposit dan withdraw tercepat bisa anda rasakan jika bermain di Sentanapoker. So… ? tunggu apa lagi ? Mari bergabung dengan kami. Pelayanan CS yang ramah dan Proffesional dan pastinya sangat aman juga bisa anda dapatkan di Sentanapoker.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.......